So I went to the Gateway website to look up the downloads for my laptop, and there was a BIOS update. I was like, "What the hell...Kintarou is practically unusable the way he is. What have I got to lose."
Coincidentally, I was in the old bios, (that's how I knew there was a new upgrade), and I was looking at the memory setting. Video = 8MB. I'm not writing this down incorrectly. It really did have a nice singular 8 next to it. When I did the update, the OS went missing (Oh NO!...not) and I got a funky fan error, but the memory for video shot up to 224.
So I'm going to try setting up Win 7 for the third time in not even a 24 hr span, and see if that made a difference. So far..I'm stuck in "Starting Windows." If it installs in less than two hours, that's a considerable time gain.
Monday, March 22, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment