Thursday, February 18, 2010

Insect facts

During molting, insects shed their exocuticle, the lining of their trachea, and the lining of the foregut and hindgut.


Inline image tigerbeetle.gif
 FALSE



If you study the Order Araneida, then you specialize in which arthropods? Spiders


Diapause is a period of arrested development and reduced metabolic rate where growth, differentiation and metamorphosis cease. It is usually in response to: 





reduction in daylength and temperature






Inline image endocut97.gif


FALSE


Inline image mosqpup97.jpg



complete metamorphosis.


All arthropods are insects, but not all insects are arthropods. FALSE 
(oops! I wasn't paying attention to the order...)







Question 5 answers
Selected Answer:Correct False
Correct Answer: False


still not 100% clear on this one...


Question 3 answers
Selected Answer:Incorrect True
Correct Answer: False
Hahaha! I always seem to forget this one....I should figure out where they attach their legs.
Inline image assinbug.jpeg




 
Question 4 answers
Selected Answer:Incorrect   siphoning
Correct Answer:Correct   sucking
I'm sure these guys have a proboscis...so I've got to figure out what the difference between siphoning and sucking really is!



Inline image surfvolume.gif
Question 2 answers
Selected Answer:Incorrect True
Correct Answer: False



Inline image cd11.gif
Question 3 answers
Selected Answer:Incorrect   Araneida (Araneae).
Correct Answer:Correct   Arachnida.


Inline image louse97.gif






Question 1 answers
Selected Answer:Incorrect   Arachnida
Correct Answer:Correct   Hexapoda

GHAAAA! Six legs...look at the six legs.




Inline image aspbeetle1.jpg
 
Question 3 answers
Selected Answer:Incorrect   incomplete metamorphosis
Correct Answer:Correct   complete metamorphosis


Now that I look at this guy closely...it's a beetle, isn't it?

Okay! I'm tired. I've taken about ten quizzes now. I'm going to take a break and study Research Methods...(Is that really a break?!) 9:52 pm


No comments:

Post a Comment